Friday, March 18, 2011

The other white meat


Isn't that what they call pork? Well I'm a big fan of pork loins cooked on the grille. For many reasons but one it's easy, and two it's fast.

When at the market try to get a plain old pork loin, not one that been injected with flovoring. Don't want a butcher dictating what is in my meat.
I marinated this particular piece in mojo , which is a bottled Cuban sauce. Of course how and what you cook your pork loin does influence how you prepare your leftovers.  Watch the temperature (approx 140-145*) and remember this still cooks once removed from the grille.  Place on a platter tented with foil while you finish roasting some fresh veggies, your choice.  For this I did fresh yellow and red bell peppers and some cute tiny yukon gold potatoes.  This meat is so tender you can cut it with a fork.

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Moon said...

Yes, I like the marinate yourself pork loins the best. The others way too salty. Looks tasty.

Leftovers are great in a chef's salad.

Monica said...

Nice blog, hi there, i found that there is one website offering free puzzle game. Just take a few minutes to sign up then you will receive one free puzzle game. I've done it and now i am enjoying it. Enter the below URL to get one:http://www.684899.com/en/CosmicCreature/project_1.htm

Espana said...

Just wanna state that this is very useful , Thanks for taking your time to write this.

Canada said...

. I really appreciate the points you made. I don’t think I’ve actually thought about it in that way. I can really appreciate how you approached the subject matter and what you said really gave me a new perspective. Thanks for taking the time to write this all out.

cams said...

Marvellous write-up you have produced proper here! The world wide web is stuffed with horrid authorship and I used to be taken hold of by your lucidity. Your closings are dead-on and i will forthwith subscribe for your rss feed to stay up to date using up approaching postings. Yes! I confess it, your authorship fashion is unbelievable and that i can work harder on improving minehot web cams women live